Friday, July 24, 2009

Now Street View Almost is Photosynth

When Google Maps released the new Street View navigation tools back in early June, with tongue firmly in cheek, I used the headline 'Street View Goes Photosynth' to introduce the new features. Well today Street View took another step closer to becoming a 'Photosynth' type experience.

In effect Google Maps has today married the 'user-contributed photos' option in Street View with the new navigation tools to create something very similar to navigating in Photosynth.

Check out the video below to see what I mean:



Since their introduction I've really liked the new navigation tools in Street View. Now I like them even more! To demonstrate my love I've put together a quick hacked version of a Street View with user photos of the Eiffel Tower (may not work in Internet Explorer).

Via: Google LatLong: Zoom photo navigation in Street View

_____________

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

 
Best Retirement Invesments